Jelentkezési határidő: 2018. április 30.
Title: Assistant (Europe & Central Asia)
Reports to: Managing Director, Minority Rights Group Europe
Salary: first point Grade ‘E’ 150.400 HUF gross for 2 days a week, 1 year contract with the possibility of extension
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Application: Please send you application form to email@example.com.
Deadline: 30 April 2018
Location: Budapest - Hungary, but may include travel to countries, where MRGE is currently implementing programs.
Approx. 1 week travel per year.
The post will be part time, 16 hours a week until June 2019, including the possibility for extension depending on future programs and fundraising possibilities.
A: Purpose of the job
The purpose of this post is to help Minority Rights Group Europe (MRGE) achieve its aims and objectives through providing administrative support, including the maintenance and recording of financial records. The post holder will contribute both to the smooth and efficient running of the office and provide support to its key current programs i) A Partnership for All – Which aims to promote the implementation of effective strategies for Roma Inclusion in Ukraine ii)
Reporting Effectively on Minorities, Migration and Development, which will focus on capacity building of Journalists and Media Officers in Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia iii) Freedom From Hate - which will support the development of strategies to challenge online hate, targeted towards Roma in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia.
Responsibilities will include:
Supporting finance staff through maintaining key spreadsheets and office budgets, preparing documentation for payments and transfers, checking documentation and receipts for finance reports by project partners, preparation of documentation for payroll. Supporting office administration, with the preparation of travel and accommodation arrangements for colleagues, organizing logistics for events and meetings, researching and collating press and media clippings, related to projects.
B: Main duties and responsibilities
1. Finance and Administrative responsibilities
- Assuring the smooth running of the office (e.g. keeping in touch with suppliers, take care of office supplies, post, etc.).
- Support Finance with documentations related to payments (e.g. service delivery notes).
- Support Finance with the review of partners’ financial reports and supporting documents (collect, sort, check).
- Support Finance, through maintenance and entry of budget spreadsheets (Excel).
- Support HR with the documentation needed for payroll and project reporting (e.g. review of timesheets).
- Support team with other admin related tasks.
- Admin support for travel/accommodation, etc. for all staff.
- Admin support for MRGE events (trainings, roundtables, award ceremonies, film launches).
- Internet searches for MRG related media stories, maintaining lists or media stories and articles, to record project impacts.
Undertakes such other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the Head of Europe and Central Asia Programs from time to time. Attends staff and departmental meetings. Contributes to the evaluation of MRG activities and publications.
Covers for absent staff on related work as necessary.
3. Confidential information
Responsible for maintaining confidentiality as the job holder will be entitled to a very high level of access to confidential information pertaining to MRG's strategies, detailed financial information, and also access to sensitive external information which may impact on MRG's activities.
4. Degree of supervision
The job holder will be expected to report to the Head of Europe and Central Asia Programs any variation from agreed plans and schedules.
5. Working conditions
The job holder will be based in the MRG Europe Office in Budapest, Hungary. The job will require some travel essential to the implementation of the program’s activities; this will be approximately 1 week per year, where the management team deems it safe to do so. The job holder is required to maintain the pace of work which may at times be high, and will need to manage several tasks simultaneously.
Although the primary purpose of this post is to support the programs highlighted in the job description, the post holder may be required to work partly or wholly on other areas of MRG’s work. This is to allow MRG to move staff away from work which is unfunded or underfunded or is no longer a priority for the organization, to work on areas which have more funding, are growing or which are understaffed. This will normally involve the post holder in carrying out tasks similar or identical to those listed in this job description but applied to different programs or projects.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Assistant (Europe and Central Asia)
Essential Experience and qualities
- Fluent spoken and written Hungarian and English.
- At least one year experience and familiarity with admin work in an office environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including experience with prioritizing tasks.
- Experience in working regularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience organizing events.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team but also use own initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A working knowledge of any regional language relevant to program countries (Bulgarian, Polish and Slovakian) and in particular Ukrainian or Russian would be an advantage.
You should have or be able to obtain permission to live and work in Hungary.