Reports to: Finance and Administrative Coordinator, Minority Rights Group Europe
Salary: First point Grade E 499 532 HUF gross for 5 days a week. This is initially a one-year full-time position with possibility for extension depending on future programmes and fundraising possibilities.
Location: 3rd district, Budapest, Hungary
Deadline: 25 June 2021
Starting: August 2021
The purpose of the job is to help: a) Minority Rights Group Europe (MRGE) to achieve their aims and objectives by providing administrative and financial support to office program coordinators and other finance staff within MRG and b) to ensure the smooth running of the MRGE office and provide administrative support and assistance.
Finance and administration:
- Record all financial entries and manage the cashbook, liaise with accountant to ensure ledgers and invoices are recorded accurately. Prepares service delivery notes.
- Manage petty cash.
- Enter payments onto the electronic banking system.
- Monitor, track and supply attendance information in order to generate payroll.
- Assist procurements and their administration according to MRG internal guidelines.
- Support preparation of financial reports to donors in liaison with MRGE Finance and Administration Coordinator.
- Administrative support for the Finance and Administration Coordinator (including assistance for audit preparation and checking of partners’ financial reporting as needed).
- Ensures that MRGE’s administrative, legal and financial documents (both hard copies and electronic) are filed regularly and that MRGE’s filing system is up-to-date.
General office coordination
- Responsible for the general smooth running of the office including record keeping, internet functioning, scanning and uploading documents.
- In charge of administrative tasks of the office, but also welcoming guests, handling phone calls and incoming and outgoing mail and other administrative duties.
- Support the organization of events, i.e. travel arrangements for project staff (visa procedures, ticket and hotel reservations) as well as logistics of events related to the projects.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and stationaries and other basic amenities.
- To assist Project Managers to organize project activities.
- To assist Project Managers with their travel arrangements and after travel administrative requirements (compile travel reports).
- To plan own work on a regular basis in consultation with the Project Managers and communicate with them in preparing work plans and delivery plans.
Education and experience
- At least 4-year professional experience in relevant field with strong Excel knowledge to maintain finance records.
- Experience in using internet-based information systems, file sharing.
- Experience in international accounting work involving different currencies.
- Studies in accounting, finance, business, economics or administration or experience in the role.
- Knowledge of Hungarian accounting rules to some extent.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize own work.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Commitment with working with a value-based organization.
- Fluent written and verbal skills in both Hungarian and English.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in MS Office, strong knowledge of Excel in particular.
- Undertakes such other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the Managing Director and Finance and Administration Coordinator from time to time. Attends relevant meetings. Provide cover for both administrative and finance staff.
- Confidential information: Responsible for maintaining confidentiality as the job holder will be entitled to a very high level of access to confidential information pertaining to MRG’s strategy, detailed financial information, and to other sensitive information.
- Degree of supervision: The job holder will be expected to report to the Finance and Administration Coordinator any variation from agreed plans and schedules, and to report regularly on projects’ progress, but will need to be able to use his/her initiative and also work independently.
- Working conditions: The job holder will be based in MRG Europe office located in 3rd district Budapest, Hungary with occasional travel abroad (maximum 2 weeks/year).