Jelentkezési határidő: 2015. agusztus 03.
Office and Finance Assistant – Minority Rights Group Europe -3 days per week
Reports to Managing Director, Minority Rights Group Europe
Location: Budapest - Hungary
Initially 3 days a week, with a possible allocation of working hours to 4 days. This is initially a one year position with possibility for extension depending on future programmes and fundraising possibilities. This is a post we are seeking to develop with the long term growth of the organization.
Contractual condition: Part-time (max. 25h weekly) competitive salary
Starting from September 2015
Deadline: 3rd August 2015
A - Main responsibilities:
The purpose of the job is (a) to help MRGE and MRGI to achieve its aims and objectives by assisting the Finance and Project Managers to manage the regional projects in conjunction with regional and local partners and contacts (b) to ensure the smooth running of the office and provide administrative support and assistance.
Finance and Administration:
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial and project files and documentation for the organisation
- Manage petty cash
- Upload financial transactions onto MRGE’s electronic banking system and manage financial transactions
- Record entries and manage the cash book with oversight and control provided by Finance Officer
- Prepare and manage contracts for partners, authors, consultants, trainers etc.
- Monitor, track and supply attendance information in order to generate payroll
- Assist procurements and their administration according to MRG internal guidelines
- Administrative support for the Finance Officer (including assistance for audit preparation and photocopying of invoices, checking of partners’ financial reporting as needed)
General office coordination:
- Responsible for the general smooth running of the office (record keeping, internet functioning, scanning documents, uploading documents)
- In charge of administrative tasks of the office, but also welcoming guests, handling phone calls and incoming and outgoing mail and other administrative duties;
- Support the organization of events, i.e. travel arrangements for project staff (visa procedures, ticket and hotel reservations) as well as logistics of events related to the projects;
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and stationaries and other basic amenities;
- To assist Project Managers to organize project activities.
- To assist Project Managers with their travel arrangements and after travel administrative requirements (compile travel reports)
- To plan own work on a regular basis in consultation with the Project Managers and communicate with them in preparing work plans and delivery plans.
B - Key Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Studies in accounting, finance, business, economics or administration, or other relevant subjects
- Knowledge of Hungarian accounting rules and regulations to some extent
- Experience in using the internet based information systems, file sharing, or websites would be assets
- Experience of international accounting work involving many currencies would be an advantage
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a multi-cultural team
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to organize and prioritize own work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to working with a value-based organization
- Excellent knowledge of Hungarian and English
- Knowledge of Russian would be an asset
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in MS Office programs, good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Undertakes such other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the Managing Director from time to time. Attends relevant meetings. Provide cover for other administrative and finance staff
when they are on leave or are away from the office.
4. Confidential information
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality as the job holder will be entitled to a very high level of access to confidential information pertaining to MRG's strategies, detailed financial information, and also access to sensitive external information which may impact on MRG's activities.
5. Degree of supervision
- The job holder will be expected to report to the Managing Director any variation from agreed plans and schedules, and to report regularly on the programme and projects’ progress but will need to be able to use his/her initiative and also work independently.
6. Working conditions
- The job holder will be based in the MRG Europe and Central Asia office, located in Budapest. The jobholder is required to maintain the pace of work, which may at times be high, and will need to manage several tasks simultaneously.
Deadline for applications:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to zsofia.farkas (at) mrgmail.org by 3rd Aug 2015.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.