Finance and Administration Manager
Start date as soon as possible
Duration open ended local, full-time employment contract
Salary range depending on experience a gross of HUF 1.163.000 – HUF 1.288.000 (approx. net of HUF 773.000- 856.000 HUF) based on the salary scale of Tdh Hungary.
Place of work Budapest, Hungary
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND HUNGARY
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency, founded in 1960. The Headquarters (HQ) are in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. We are currently active in 30 countries (in Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America). In 2021, we directly supported 2 million children and members of their families and communities, and 3.1 million were indirectly supported. Our projects focus on child protection, mother and child health, migration, access to justice for children, and emergency relief.
More information on: https://www.tdh.ch/en
Terre des hommes opened its Regional Office/ Hub in Budapest in 2006. The Regional Hub develops and implements regional projects with partners across Europe. Our regional advisors provide support to colleagues in other countries in Europe – Albania, Kosovo, Greece, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. One of our key projects for children in Hungary is the FabLab in Gyor. Child Protection Hub is an important regional project, led by the team in Budapest. ChildHub is the leading/ largest child protection community in Europe - https://childhub.org/en We also support people who fled the war in Ukraine and are transiting or take refuge in Hungary.
Currently Tdh Hungary has 30 staff members, 24 active projects and has close collaboration with nearly 20 partner organizations.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director the technical supervision of the Finance Controller based in Lausanne headquarters (Switzerland), the Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the efficient management of all financial and administrative activities of Terre des hommes operations in Hungary. S/he is accountable for the financial follow-up, reporting, internal procedures admin as well as accurate and timely cash management and management of external and internal audit processes.
S/he oversees managing 3 employees and a budget from 2 to 5 million euros, including funds from a range of donors and with a multitude of partners.
- Coordinates and organises the administrative and financial services of the delegation
- Manages the finance and administration team
- Ensures the compliance of Tdh with all institutional, financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirements, internal control and fraud prevention
- Coordinates statutory and external audits of our projetcs
- Ensures the compliance of the delegation's own regulations and financial and administrative processes, develops and updates internal procedures
- Participates in the design of new projects and budget proposals
- Ensures the correct financial management of any contracts, projects, activities and partners
- Guarantees a monthly tracking of budgets and financial equilibrium of the delegation
- Supervises the monthly accounting closure of the delegation and approves the monthly cash and bank reconciliation
- Supervises the proper bank accounts management
- Ensures the support costs are covered and the allocation system is documented on a monthly basis and compliant with donors' guidelines
- Ensures the security of Tdh funds and flows within the mission
- Manages cash flow between the delegation and the HQ ensuring available treasury on all activities
- Compiles the finance reports and produces a monthly report.
- High education in finance, economics, accounting;
- 5+ years of finance management experience, preferably with an NGO
- Experience with institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, other UN agencies is requrired
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, Hungarian is an asset
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Extensive management experience (management, planning, executing, team leading, staff development);
- Excellent team player;
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership, managerial, supervisory and good interpersonal skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and Motivation Letter in English to email@example.com
Please include “Finance and Administration Manager” and your full name in the subject line.
Please indicate in your Motivation Letter your earliest start date.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to complete a written test and participate in an interview.
The selected candidate will go through a reference check and criminal record check.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
Tdh staff members are committed to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.