ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews seeks an Office Coordinator for managing the daily operations of its office in Budapest, Hungary. Tasks of the Office Coordinator will include maintaining office equipment, handling logistics for meetings, organizing events in coordination with Headquarters and project staff, and dealing with third-party vendors. The Office Coordinator will report to the Project Directors.
This role will be based in Budapest, Hungary.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a full-time, limited-duration position, with an expected end date of September 30, 2024.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Manage the daily operations of the Internews’ Hungary office, including ordering supplies, greeting and otherwise assisting visitors, distributing mail, etc.
- Manage the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Schedule and handle logistics for meetings and events as requested.
- In coordination with other project staff and third-party vendors, manage logistics and communications for project events (e.g. large multi-country conferences, trainings, workshops), including liaising with and gathering information for contracts and payments from vendors and speakers/trainers, sending out informational updates to participants, arranging travel and hotels, on-site event management, etc.
- Coordinate with other project and Headquarters staff to track consultant visits and facilitate their contracting, travel, and payments.
- Assist programmatic staff in developing official documentation, such as communications materials, memos, etc.
- Compile and submit VAT reimbursement requests.
- Represent Internews at meetings and events as assigned.
- Follow Internews guidelines on data security.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least two years of administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Fluency in Hungarian and English is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including writing and grammar and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other common software and web applications.
- Ability to work with sensitive data and confidential information.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment using remote collaboration and communication tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.