REGIONAL FUNDRAISING AND GRANT WRITING ADVISOR
Start date as soon as possible
Contract full-time (40 hours/week), fixed term local employment contract for 1 year with extension possibility
Salary gross 1 400 625 HUF (approximately 930.000 HUF/2320 EUR in net)
Location Budapest, Hungary
WHAT WE DO GLOBALLY AND IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year.
In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly in Albania, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine. It also implements projects in more than a dozen European countries through partnerships with other local actors, such as in Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, The Netherlands, Serbia, Sweden, among others. Tdh currently focuses on two main programmatic areas in Europe: Children and Youth affected by Migration, and Access to Justice, with Child Protection being a transversal area across all of Tdh activities. Tdh programming in the region also includes an ongoing emergency response to the influx of refugees from Ukraine to Hungary, Moldova and Romania in addition to responding to internally displaced people’s needs within Ukraine.
Tdh’s Regional Hub in Hungary has been operational since 2006. Since then, it has been leading on Tdh’s regional projects and providing technical expertise and advisory support to Tdh delegations and partners across the Europe region through a group of Regional Advisors in various thematic fields.
One of our key projects for children in Hungary is the FabLab. We are very proud of our regional Child Protection Hub project thanks to that ChildHub is the largest child protection community in Europe – https://chiIdhub.org/en
More on Tdh: https://www.tdh.ch/en
ABOUT THE ROLE IN GENERAL
The position is exercising a fundraising role within the Tdh Regional Hub and is to support the fundraising efforts of Tdh in the region through monitoring of funding opportunities, provision of technical support to Tdh staff in grant development and grant writing and in coordinating larger multi-country fundraising efforts.
Terre des hommes has seven delegations in Eastern and Southern Europe, three of them being Member States of the EU and the four remaining ones being EU accession candidates. The Terre des hommes Regional Hub for Europe in Budapest, Hungary hosts a diverse set of thematic and technical experts who are mainly tasked with writing multi-country proposals. In this framework, the advertised position will mainly support the regional experts and the Regional Hub to develop multi-country proposals and processes. Single-country support is provided on an as-needed basis, as expressed by the different country representatives. Lead and actively promote a fundraising culture across the region.
- Identify, analyze and disseminate multi-country and single-country funding opportunities in the Europe region;
- Take part in the decision-making and advise on the criteria to pursue a multi-country opportunity and identify next steps;
- Support the writing of fundraising proposals either through direct grant-writing, management of grant-writers (consultants) and/or team mobilization, including participation in online donor information sessions, support in project, logframe and budget design, due diligence of partners and donors, negotiations with partners, etc.;
- Develop processes, strategies, tools and systems to improve ways of working within the Regional hub and encourage collaboration between all departments and all delegations;
- Technically advise the Regional Hub’s departments involved in proposals development for quality assurance and alignment with donors’ requirements;
- Analyze donors’ feedback and conduct online evaluation and learning sessions to improve future proposals;
- Work with regional programme staff to support and leverage their donor representation, donor cultivation, relationship building, and donor intelligence gathering;
- Facilitate information management, collecting, disseminating, and centralizing fundraising information, especially of regional nature;
- Act as a repository for regional donor intelligence, opportunities, proposals, analytics, supporting documentation, and experiences;
- Take an advisory and coordinating role in exploring alternative and additional avenues of fundraising, such as new institutional donors, corporate and private fundraising;
- Provide support and advice on compliance with donor requirements to the Regional hub staff;
- Ensure information sharing and coordinate with the Institutional Fundraising, Philanthropy and Operations teams in HQ;
- Provide guidance to the grant writing staff in the country delegations when required;
- Undertake other tasks in support of the resource mobilization strategy as required by the Regional Hub and the Country Delegations.
University degree (Master’s or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in political science, international relations, business or public administration, marketing, law, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline; a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
At least 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising, resource mobilization and business development. Experience in planning and monitoring progress towards set goals, coordinating with multiple departments and countries, and exposure to budget preparation. A successful track record with institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, other UN agencies.
Extensive experience in proposal writing and donor relationship management;
Expertise in multi-stakeholder participative project development;
Extensive knowledge of complex, multi-country logframes and budgets;
Good understanding of sustainability, human rights-based approaches and gender equity concepts;
Extensive experience in donor compliance, both from an eligibility and technical alignment point of view;
Knowledge and experience working in the field of migration, children's rights (protection) in development context;
Extensive experience in donor relationship management.
High proficiency in spoken and written English; French is considered an advantage. Other languages of the European countries, where Tdh is present is considered an asset.
Confident use of Microsoft Office software
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include [Regional Fundraising and Grant Writing Advisor, your name and surname] in the subject line of the application email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.