Terre des hommes Foundation in Hungary is recruiting a
Regional Child Protection (CP) and Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support (MHPSS) Advisor
Start date 01 January 2023
Contract One year, local (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable
Salary 1 400 625 HUF gross (approximately 931 415 HUF net)
Location Budapest, Hungary
Deadline for application 01 December 2022
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND HUNGARY
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency, founded in 1960. The Headquarters (HQ) are in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. We are currently active in 30 countries (in Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America}. In 2021, we directly supported 2 million children and members of their families and communities, and 3.1 million were indirectly supported. Our projects focus on child protection, mother and child health, migration, access to justice for children, and emergency relief. More information on: https://www.tdh.ch/en
Terre des hommes opened its Regional Office/ Hub in Budapest in 2006. The Regional Hub develops and implements regional projects with partners across Europe. Our regional advisors provide support to colleagues in other countries in Europe — Albania, Kosovo, Greece, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. One of our key projects for children in Hungary is the FabLab in Gyor. Child Protection Hub is an important regional project, led by the team in Budapest. ChildHub is the leading/ largest child protection community in Europe – https://chiIdhub.org/en
Through our Emergency Project we also support people who fled the war in Ukraine and are transiting or taking refuge in Hungary.
The Advisor will be part of the Child Protection Unit/Expertise and part of the European Advisors team of the Regional Hub. He/She will organize it’s work around the European Strategic Protection Priorities stated in the Strategy 2021-2024.
- Mental Health and Psycho-social Support, Resilience, Empowerment
- Capacity development of Child Protection and other social care actors
- Enhanced quality and availability of child protection services
- Influencing, advocating and partnering
- Contribute to the implementation of the regional and country-level strategies in the region in particular for the pillar of child protection ensuring contribution to the Theories of Change revision and operationalisation and making sure Tdh programmatic priorities are fully reflected in the strategies and integrate a Nexus approach adapted to volatile and fragile environments as well as more stable contexts when relevant
- Contribute to trends analysis in the thematic areas of the child protection domain (MHPSS, System strengthening, Safeguarding and Child Participation)
- Oversee and support strategic monitoring of child protection related outcomes
Quality Assurance and technical expertise:
- Promote, facilitate and ensure the integration and implementation of MHPSS approaches, methodologies and standards in collaboration with the different programmes (Children and Young People in Migration, Access to Justice, and Health), and within the projects in the countries of the region particularly in the following areas: mental health and psychosocial support, empowerment and resilience interventions, Child participation, Safeguarding
- Promote, facilitate and ensure the integration and implementation of system strengthening approaches, methodologies and standards in collaboration with the different programmes (Children and Young People in Migration, Access to Justice, and Health)
- Oversee that program priorities are supported by quality CP System strengthening strategies, capacity development methodologies
- Lead, conduct or facilitate MHPSS, child participation and safeguarding related capacity needs assessment and related capacity development activities in the region, including through blended approaches of face-to-face training and coaching, online learning and exchanges, etc
- Ensure that MHPSS, System Strengthening and Child Participation interventions are based on Tdh frameworks, approaches and methodologies
- Closely cooperates with the Regional Youth Empowerment Advisor in terms of joint programming, proposal design etc
- Encourage, contribute to, and support the development of innovations and innovative projects related to child protection, MHPSS, child participation, safeguarding
- Support the inclusion of Tdh child protection teams and staff in the innovation eco-system at HQ and regional level
Partnerships and representation:
- Ensure Tdh's positioning within regional professional networks and forums on MHPSS, Child protection and safeguarding issues
- Develop and support strategic partnerships on child protection and MHPSS issues in the region
- Act as Senior Advisor for Safeguarding related external expertise in the region and lead technically on the projects linked to safeguarding
- Design, facilitate and deliver capacity building programs on safeguarding – related to projects Tdh runs
- Actively participate in the Center of Excellence on Safeguarding team with technical inputs
- Lead the regional dynamics on MHPSS, Child participation and actively participate in the dynamics and meetings of the Europe region
- Participate and contribute to cross-cutting discussions on Child protection and programmes at institutional level within the Program and Expertise Department
- Lead on the MHPSS, Child Participation and safeguarding components of regional g projects (such as WELL-U, Journey and RSH for Eastern Europe etc)
Education: Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Social Work) from an accredited educational institution.
Experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in MHPSS, safeguarding technical assistance
- 5+ years of experience in child protection technical assistance
- Demonstrated professional experience in the implementation and supervision of child protection, MHPSS projects, including team and partnership management
- Demonstrated professional experience in training, capacity development and coaching of professionals or other social actors on child participation, MHPSS related issues (multi country context will be an asset)
- Solid understanding and experience in child protection system strengthening approaches, child rights, social work and social norms
- Experience on designing capacity building programs on MHPSS, Child participation and delivering as trainer such programs
- Experience in proposal development and donor engagement, and project cycle management
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking, with an openness to change and a taste for innovation
- High-level representational skills
- Experience in advocacy for public policy change a strong asset
- Self-motivated, with skills to support and advise others
- Able to manage high volume of workflow efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organisation in pluri-disciplinary and multicultural teams or through networks and alliances
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of a language of the region is an asset but not a requirement (especially Albanian; Greek, Russian; Hungarian, Ukrainian; Bulgarian; Romanian).
- Fully conversant with usual IT tools like Microsoft Excel, Word
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Regional CP and MHPSS Advisor, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Incomplete applications and applications arriving after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy.