határidő: 2019. agusztus 30.
Application deadline: August 30, 2019
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports To: Head of Office and Lead of Outreach and Selection
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Effective Date: As soon as ideal candidate identified
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is one of the world’s most experienced global higher education and professional exchange agencies. An independent, non-profit organization founded in 1919, IIE is a resource for students, educators and institutions worldwide. IIE’s Europe Office is located in Budapest, Hungary. Founded in 1990, this office represents IIE’s program operations in Europe. See also: www.iie.org
The Program Manager is responsible for the program implementation of a privately funded foundation program managed by the Institute of International Education. Responsible for overall program management ensuring program deliverable are completed on time, within budget and meet quality standards. Responsible for program implementation for select programs, which includes responsibility for outreach to potential participants, management of the selection process, and ongoing logistical support to recipients throughout the term of their program.
- Conducts outreach and recruitment of program participants through advertising and targeted email marketing. Reviews and processes scholarship applications for technical completeness and accuracy; follows up with applicants as needed to complete materials, develops and administers application and selection processes, and manages event logistics.
- Organizes and sends out award notifications. Advises and supports selected participants in securing proper visas. Processes participant payments.
- Primary contact with the program sponsor, manages the relationship with the sponsor. Works collaboratively with other team members in Rome and Jerusalem who manage the program.
- Works on financial budgeting, undertake forecast and follow-up on balance with Finance team. Reviews and processes payments to vendors and outside services against budget and notifies management of variance. Maintains accurate payment records.
- Develops and implements program evaluation tools; collects data; compile results and make recommendations to IIE management and client. Responsible for drafting regular financial and program reports for sponsor.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline. Experience managing scholarship programs highly preferred.
- Requires at least five years of related work experience.
- Requires a working application of a specialized body of knowledge. At this level of competency, a team member is required to utilize knowledge in work execution and continuous improvement of IIE programs, policies, services and systems.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience managing a budget required.
- Experience in projects and tasks involving complex details which require well-developed organizational, time-management and administrative skills.
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting policies, procedures and administrative practices.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, in English and the local language.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures.
- Ability to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and recommend or decide appropriate course of action.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please send your CV with contact details of at least one reference and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2019. Incoming applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.