Jelentkezési határidő: 2018. július 31.
Organisation: European Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ECNL)
Position title: Project Assistant (Finance)
Terms of contract: Full time, duration of 9 months
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
ECNL is the leading regional organisation promoting the strengthening of a supportive legal environment for civil society. ECNL’s aim is to create societies which can be shaped by the people working together. We support the policy and legal conditions of environments where people can establish groups, movements, and formal civil society organisations; assemble, demonstrate and protest; and fully participate in policy making.
ECNL is looking to hire a Project Assistant, based in Budapest, who will be tasked with supporting the financial functions of the projects and the organisation.
II. Major responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director the Project Assistant:
- Works closely with programme staff and is responsible for the delivery of accurate financial services;
- Assists in project finances;
- Supports the Finance and Operations Director with organisational financial management;
- Provides administrative services.
More specifically the Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, budget formulation, controlling allocations, projected project expenses, monitoring expenditures according to the needs of the project;
- Assist staff in contractual procedures with service providers and consultants, assist with procurement, as requested;
- Review and provide support for sub-grantee financial management by checking and examining various project financial reports for accuracy and consistency against approved budgets,
- Ensure that project work and financial transactions comply with applicable standards and policies;
- Support the month-end financial closing processes by checking travel authorizations and reports, and compiling supporting documents for financial reports;
- Help with maintaining the financial filing systems to ensure complete and organized accounting files;
- Provide administrative support and collect necessary documentation for timely payments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and Qualification:
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration is an advantage, or 3-5 year of work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
- Understanding of financial administrative issues;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Languages: fluency in written and spoken English and Hungarian is a must.
- Skills and Experiences:
- relevant finance experience (national or international NGO; knowledge of EU budgets and reporting is an advantage);
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills, with ability to function in a multi-cultural environment, working under pressure of deadlines;
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
Please send your curriculum vitae, marked “Project Assistant” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. ECNL will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest. No phone calls, please. For more information on ECNL please visit the site http://www.ecnl.org.