Regional Information and Networking Officer
határidő: 2018. január 14.
You enjoy animating networks, managing information and working for a worthy cause. You are energetic, full of initiative and a self-starter, passionate about child rights. You are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact? This challenge is for you.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Details: Local 1 year (renewable) full-time contract
Compensation: Net monthly compensation may vary between 900 and 1’000 EUR (paid in local currency) depending on skills and experience
Location: Budapest, Hungary (with regular field visits in Central and South Eastern Europe)
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des Hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established more than 50 years ago. We operate in 36 countries with over 100 development aid and emergency projects impacting over 2 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. Our direct assistance projects, systems strengthening and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of maternal and child health and child protection. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in 22 countries, through the work of its teams based in Budapest (where the regional office is located), Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine.
Migration programme: Terre des hommes approaches migration as a multidimensional context in which children can be harmed and in which appropriate protective measures are therefore required. Efforts at protection should address both the places of origin, transit and destination. The aim is to significantly and sustainably reduce the vulnerability of children, while ensuring their effective access to all of their rights throughout their migration. The protection of migrant children should also include support and solidarity for migration actors and their initiatives, if they are consistent with the best interests of children. The aim is to facilitate migrant children and their families’ access to better opportunities and a sustainable improvement in their living conditions.
The Regional Information and Networking Officer contributes to and supports projects and initiatives to ensure a dynamic flow of information from field and regional actions, enhance and strengthen partnerships with Tdh, partners and authorities and improve the visibility of Tdh interventions in all migration related components developed by the regional office and its allies.
- Information management:
- Project development: initiates and leads communication and advocacy projects and initiatives at regional level and supports the national teams in developing communication and advocacy components within their migration projects;
- Information management: ensures that the links between projects on the field (all countries) and regional and global levels are functioning (horizontal and vertical ones – top down and bottom up) and generate qualitative and quantitative information. This role is envisaged to be played in close collaboration with the Tdh Disruptive Innovation Unit, especially ICT for Development;
- Communication: in charge of collecting raw materials and key messages from the field, the regional or global actors and relay them to appropriate communication channels in close
coordination with the Regional Communication Officer;
- Monitoring of the situation of Children on the Move in the region by developing a thematic monitoring system.
- manages the migration internal emailing lists and participates to social media animation on a regular basis;
- identifies and / or initiates and follows up innovative approaches using ICT (or not) and ensures synergy between initiatives;
- o Partners and allies:
- manages the migration external emailing lists;
- manages the relationships with project partners and general allies in the field at national or regional levels and ensures that any internal or external communication values the contribution of the partners and allies;
- in charge of identifying new partners and allies in close coordination with migration focal points and regional migration team members.
- 3+ years of experience in communication, networking or advocacy in an NGO or international organization environment, preferably in the field of migration and/or child protection;
- Successful track record of leading and implementing communication and networking strategies;
- Project management experience (management, planning and training skills);
- Good command of new technologies and social media;
- Strong team spirit with abilities to animate networks of professionals;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are required;
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure;
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail and a high interest in innovation.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com by January 14th 2018.
Please include “Regional Information and Networking Officer Application and your full name” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.