Next Step Hungary Association is seeking to recruit a committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate with background in financial management for the position of Financial Officer. This is a part time position (20 hours/week), contracted until 31st November 2022. The contract is renewable depending on the financial strength of the organization and quality of service provided by employee.
About Next Step
Next Step is a non-profit organisation with a mission to engage with and support foreigners and locals through a solution-oriented approach of promoting employability and community integration. Next Step offers free and low-cost opportunities to gain in-demand vocational and IT skills that improve access to the job market. We also support integration through public informational and cultural events that bring together an active community of foreigners and locals on topics of mutual interest.
Role of the Financial officer
The Financial Officer will play a crucial part in the management of the organization’s financialoperations, helping to secure the financial health of the organization and safeguard its long-term stability and growth.
The Financial officer will have responsibility for the coordination and management of day-to-day financial operations of the organization, working closely with and reporting to the organization president. The functions of the role comprise the administrative, reporting, and monitoring tasks related to the organization’s overall financial management, as well as the financial aspects of individual projects. The Financial Officer will also help improve financial controls within the organization by implementinginternal financial policies and procedures to ensure effective administration of the organization’s funds.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Controlling budgets and financial administration of international projects in compliance with donor requirements
- Keeping active communication with external accountant and ensuring that up-to-date financial information, invoices, and payments are shared with accountant and processed as required and on time
- Keeping proper accounting records, preparing adequate documentation, and careful filing of financial documents
- Ensuring reconciliation of financial accounts and timely submission of accurate project financial reports to donors.
- Helping compile organizational annual financial reports and supporting required external audit processes
- Designing and monitoring implementation of internal policies and practices in line with financial best practices and applicable rules
- Contributing to project proposal development by designing appropriate budgets in line with donor requirements
- Participating with rest of the team in long term organizational financial/strategic planning processes
Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
- Team player
- Working in a multi-cultural set-up
270,000 HUF gross/month for a part-time position of 20 hours/week
Place of employment: Budapest
- Professional or higher education with qualification in relevant field (such as financial management, accounting, project management, or administration) OR recent demonstrated professional experience in financial administration
- At least 3 years of working experience in the NGO sector
- Previous experience managing different requirements of multiple donors simultaneously (large institutional donors as well as private foundations)
- Reliable and meticulous organisational skills with attention to detail and the needs of the beneficiaries
- Solid skills in standard office computer applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Drive
- Open-mindedness and willingness to take and incorporate feedback
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to delegate
- Good people skills, ability to communicate comfortably in different social contexts and with people of other cultures and backgrounds
- Native-level Hungarian language and excellent speaking and writing skills in English (C1 level)
- Familiarity with Hungarian financial regulations, particularly those concerning NGOs
- Familiarity with processes of European Commission and other large institutional funderso Knowledge of particular financial management software / applications
- Experience working with vulnerable communities
- Experience working collaboratively in an international team
- Professional background working in the civil society sector in Hungary is an asset
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and must provide the contact details of two referees (former employer, professor or consultant).
Deadline: October 30th, 2021, 11:59 pm. Late applications will not be accepted. Short-listed candidates will be invited for online interviews.
The selected applicant will commence the employment as soon as possible.