Start date 02 JANUARY 2024.
Contract local, position based in Budapest, full-time, fixed term employment contract until 30 December 2024. with possibility of extension
Salary gross 701 146 HUF
Deadline of Application 15 DEC 2023.
Location Budapest, Hungary
WHAT WE DO GLOBALLY AND IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year.
In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly in Albania, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine. It also implements projects in more than a dozen European countries through partnerships with other local actors, such as in Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, The Netherlands, Serbia, Sweden, among others. Tdh currently focuses on two main programmatic areas in Europe: Children and Youth affected by Migration, and Access to Justice, with Child Protection being a transversal area across all of Tdh activities. Tdh programming in the region also includes an ongoing emergency response to the influx of refugees from Ukraine to Hungary, Moldova and Romania in addition to responding to internally displaced people’s needs within Ukraine.
Tdh’s Regional Hub in Hungary has been operational since 2006. Since then, it has been leading on Tdh’s regional projects and providing technical expertise and advisory support to Tdh delegations and partners across the Europe region through a group of Regional Advisors – including the Q&A Advisor – in various thematic fields.
One of our key projects for children in Hungary is the FabLab. We are very proud of our regional Child Protection Hub project thanks to that ChildHub is the largest child protection community in Europe – https://chiIdhub.org/en
More on Tdh: https://www.tdh.ch/en
The Building Bridges Project: Enhancing Rights and Opportunities for Ukrainian Refugees in Romania and Hungary (18-month project) focuses on three locations in each country, namely Bucharest, Brasov, and Constanta in Romania; and Budapest, Győr and Debrecen in Hungary.
The main target groups are Ukrainian refugees, with specific attention to children and youth under 25 years old.
Tdh's proposed project paves the way for a shift from emergency response to empowering resilience and building stronger asylum and migration management structures in Hungary and Romania.
The Resilience Innovation Facility (RIF) Officer helps and supports RIF Team Leader to ensure an accurate, proper, timely and high quality implementation of Tdh key approaches within the space the RIF activities are being rolled out. RIFs are innovative spaces that combine safety, protection, inclusivity, and digital elements. They go beyond traditional child-friendly spaces but also appeal to and engage youth, evolving into longer-term structures that provide support and guidance for children and young people. RIFs are rooted in MHPSS and participatory approaches, equipped with machines (3D printers, vinyl cutter, etc.), digital technologies, and fabrication tools (RIF). Together with the Terre des Hommes team, s/he will organise and lead daily activities and workshops, manage the resources and equipment, hold trainings and help further developing the RIF activities Curricula of Terre des hommes.
Depending on the RIF officer’s main focus of intervention as well as division of roles with the space, each RIF officer will act as lead on one of the three following RIF components: MHPSS, empowerment/innovation and/or education
· Participate the planning and development of activities and animation of the RIF, including the organization of trainings and specialized workshops.
· Manages the RIF activities accordance with the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure that the RIF is a child protective environment,
· Together with RIF team coordinates the training users on how to operate the software (mainly 2D and 3D design software) and the machines (3D printer, laser cutter, digital sewing machine, CNC mill, etc.);
· Developing and delivers training materials on RIF to be delivered to Tdh Team in Hungary;
· Provide training support on various software (mainly 2D and 3D design software) and the operation of machines (3D printer, laser cutter, digital sewing machine, CNC mill, etc.) to Tdh team, local actors team and other partners;
· Lead implementation of MHPSS and life skills activities for selected groups of children and youth in the RIF space according to the agreed schedule.
· Support the RIF Team Leader officer in quality activity planning, according to children needs and wishes, to age, sex and inclusion concerns. Supports to oversee safety in the RIF space;
· Ensure room for children participation and promote access to feedback mechanisms
· Ensure the mobilization of boys and girls, especially adolescents. Launch empowering activities and projects that suit their interest, promote their psychosocial well-being and create an opportunity for their direct social engagement at community level;
· In coordination with RIF Team Leader ensures up to date inventory: manage stock of materials, supplies and spare parts needed for the RIF;
· With the support of RIF team develops RIF/RIF workshop methods and models of action;
· Ensure a good maintenance of the RIF equipment, including any needed reparation, communications with technical services, etc.;
· Promote inclusion and equal access to every child, paying special attention to vulnerable children, like children from marginalised communities etc.
· Adhere to and ensure that Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures are followed;
· Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding standards are upheld;
Education and Qualifications
University degree (Master’s or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field
Abilities and Skills
- Very good oral and written skills in English, Ukrainian and preferably Hungarian as well
- Ability to use and MS office softwares
- Extensive experience in 3D programming and other relevant softwares for the project
- Team player
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability
- Experience in Social field, MHPSS field or Animation is an asset;
- Ability to design and lead activities for young users;
- Good knowledge of electronics;
- Interest in 2D+3D modeling softwares and CAD/CAM;
- Interest in key child protection issues and best practices within a humanitarian context;
- Experience in a FabLab environment;
- Very good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure;
- Experience related to the participation of children and youth (particularly with children coming from disadvantaged communities or facing discrimination) in similar projects
- Knowledge of refugee context in Hungary is an advantage
Personal qualities and aptitudes
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and creative
- Tactful and diplomatic
To apply: please send your CV, motivation letter to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position you are willing to apply and your full name in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they come.
The applicant must be in possession of a valid work permit to work and reside in Hungary.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.